itunes PC to android
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday February 5, 2020 6:28 AM
Help! I'm not knowledgeable about computers and androids. But does anyone in the "Inland Empire" area know how to transfer "iTunes" from my PC to my Galaxy S9 plus android. Iv seen a lot of ways that it can be done on "you tube" I'm just hesitate about doing it for fear I might delete my whole iTunes library by mistake. I know there has got to be an easy way of doing this, can you help. If you like I will pay you for your time and travel. Instant Message me please. Thanks
 Message #93431
sparky14
RE: itunes PC to android
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Crenshaw
Favorite Golf Course:
    All except Shorecliffs

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday February 6, 2020 2:04 PM
I figured some expert would chime in. But they haven't, so I'll give you my experience.

DO NOT put iTunes on your android phone. iTunes, while it is a capable program, is very Apple specific and VERY difficult to use outside of the Apple Universe. In fact, I doubt it would even work.

Android has a built in music player and video player.

My experience is with music files...but I assume videos work the same way....

iTunes stores the music files in a specific directory under iTunes (although I forget the name). Let's say you have an MP3 file. You drag and drop it into your iTunes library. iTunes then copies the file, converts it into an iTunes specific file format, and moves it into that storage directory. You can copy the files from the iTunes storage directory right into the corresponding iTunes directory (see below), but iTunes messes with the file name. Also, I don't think music purchased from the iTunes store can be played in anything but iTunes.

Android has a folder to put your music files into....named MUSIC. Android has an app for playing music....named PLAY MUSIC. Copy your files into the MUSIC directory, and PLAY MUSIC automatically looks there for music. It's that difficult.

I had iPhones for about 4-5 years. Loved them except for dealing with the transfer of music files. My wife still has an iPhone, and my two daughters have iPods. When they ask me to update their music, they know to leave the room and close the door, and to plug their ears. Because when I have to deal with iTunes, there is always a lot of cursing bound to happen. Usually, those music updates take about 2 hours with iTunes, and about 5 minutes with Android.

Good luck!
 Message #93466 - This was a reply to message #93431
JoanneF0bN
RE: itunes PC to android

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday May 29, 2020 11:42 AM
I listen to tracks from Spotify

[[Edited by JoanneF0bN on Friday May 29, 2020 11:43 AM]]