Golf courses in movies/commercials
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Golf courses in movies/commercials

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 41 to 50 of 84 Replies

PAGES: 9 3 4 5 6 7
dconnally
RE: Golf courses in movies/commercials

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday February 3, 2017 4:19 PM
Looked kinda fake to me - was it a CGI clubhouse?
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #82296 - This was a reply to message #82295
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Friday February 3, 2017 4:52 PM
Why fake it? Probably just adding cost - they're already paying for the course. I thought for a second Palos Verdes Golf Club but the clubhouses don't match. Someone has to recognize that clubhouse!
 Message #82297 - This was a reply to message #82296
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Friday February 3, 2017 5:59 PM
Just because it looks like they are standing on a tee doesn't mean it's a golf course.
 Message #82298 - This was a reply to message #82297
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Friday February 3, 2017 7:32 PM
I will agree the little tee marker sign looks fake, or at least not likely part of the real course, if it is a real course. Seems odd to CGI the whole thing, though.
 Message #82299 - This was a reply to message #82298
dconnally

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Friday February 3, 2017 11:15 PM
Maybe even just a painted backdrop - I see no movement anywhere behind them during the commercial.
 Message #82300 - This was a reply to message #82299
xazntigerx
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Natalie Gulbis, KJ Choi
Favorite Golf Course:
    Old Head, Ireland

Sunday February 5, 2017 1:16 AM
I had a funny moment watching the movie Bagger Vance while staying at the Sanctuary at Kiawah Island. We recognized one of the holes in the movie because we had played it earlier in the day.
 Message #82303 - This was a reply to message #82121
t8fish
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

Sunday February 5, 2017 10:44 PM
"It's definitely the Wilson/Harding clubhouse at the beginning of the commercial, but I don't think it's 18 where Fowler is about to hit as you would see the clubhouse behind the green. I'm more tempted to think it's #1 with the car rolling down the hill on the right as you approach the green."

I noticed the clubhouse and commercial when it aired during the tournament and recognized it right away. As far as the green, I was confused because of the direction of the light, the bunker pattern around the green and the mountains in the background— especially after looking at the satellite view of the course to check for a matching layout. The mountains seem to be the San Gabriels, but the only hole on the course to match those bunkers and the slope behind the green is #1 Wilson, and the mountains are not there. They would be almost due left from that view of the green and completely out of the shot.

I was out at Wilson today and I'm pretty certain it was the first hole. I believe they did a little CGI to bring in the mountains and fill up the deep background.
 Message #82317 - This was a reply to message #82238
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Monday February 6, 2017 12:36 PM
I caught part of The Aviator this morning and saw a scene where he successfully landed a plane on a course. IMDB lists Woodland Hills Golf Course (I don't think there is such a place, so presumably WHCC?) as a filming location, but I'm not sure if I missed an actual golf scene at some other point in the movie.

I also caught a golf scene in I Love You, Man, but I can't locate it. I found an article that confirms it's an L.A.-area course but didn't name it. It sorta looks like San Dimas Canyon to me, but a lot of local tracks look like that. There is a pretty distinctive green set right up against a little hill, which looks like a tee box. Looks like the golf scene is on YouTube if anyone wants to take a gander.
 Message #82323 - This was a reply to message #82317
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday February 6, 2017 11:06 PM
QUOTED  I also caught a golf scene in I Love You, Man, but I can't locate it. I found an article that confirms it's an L.A.-area course but didn't name it. It sorta looks like San Dimas Canyon to me, but a lot of local tracks look like that. There is a pretty distinctive green set right up against a little hill, which looks like a tee box. Looks like the golf scene is on YouTube if anyone wants to take a gander.

Gander taken ... I honestly think this might be holes 7 & 8 at Knollwood. The first part of the scene looks like the elevated green from the flat fairway on 7, and then the uphill par 3 with the bunker on the right and the cart path winding up the right side looks exactly like 8. There's even people complaining that the round is taking too long - a staple at Knollwood!
 Message #82332 - This was a reply to message #82323
Bogey1Fogey38

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Trevino, Lema, Ochoa
Favorite Golf Course:
    Green W/holes n flags

Friday February 17, 2017 12:30 PM
The commercial where the guy is having fantastic luck, and the dog keeps putting his ball in play was filmed at Industry.
They also filmed an episode of the TV series The Mentalist there, we were there for a round and were told to try and avoid the area.
> > "How can they beat me? I've been struck by lightning, had two back operations, and been divorced twice."
> > Lee Trevino

> > "Golf is like solitaire. When you cheat, you only cheat yourself."
> > Tony Lema
 Message #82485 - This was a reply to message #82094

Listing 41 to 50 of 84 Replies

PAGES: 9 3 4 5 6 7

[ Community Page ]